We hope that you do not have a reason to be dissatisfied with the service provided by Caveat Solicitors. Client satisfaction is a priority for us and we want the service you receive to reflect this.
Where you do find a reason to be unhappy about out services, please refer to the following steps to ensure that your concerns get resolved as soon as possible :
• Please try and speak to the person handling your case, you may wish to put your concerns in writing to this person.
• If you are not happy with the response provided by the person handling your case, you can contact their supervisor. The name of the supervising partner or solicitor will be stated in your initial client care correspondence.
• If your concerns still have not been resolved then you can address your complaint to our Compliance Officer for Legal Practice and Managing Partner, Mrs Rehana Choudhry. You should set out your complaint in writing and this can be sent to :
11-13 Uxbridge Road
• Your complaint will be acknowledged within five working days and we will tell you the timescales for dealing with your complaint, this should be within a few weeks and should never be more than eight weeks.
• In processing your complaint, your files and cases papers will be viewed and where necessary we will speak to the person handling your case and their supervisor.
• We will respond to your complaint within the timescales in writing and may also offer to meet with you to discuss your complaint and resolve it.
What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
• Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
• No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
• No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Head Office &
Caveat Solicitors Limited
11-13 Uxbridge Road
Company No. 07473577